As essential workers, we’re on the front lines of the pandemic. With winter and the holidays upon us, it’s critical that we stay safe and healthy for our co-workers and families.
You can mitigate your risk for COVID-19 in several ways:
- Maintain social distancing at the work site whenever possible, and wear a mask, as well as any other required PPE.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before putting on and after taking off your mask.
- Avoid touching your face, mouth, nose, or eyes when taking your mask on and off.
- Wash your mask regularly and consider carrying a spare cloth mask.
- Avoid sharing tools and supplies. When leaving a work site or at the end of a shift, sanitize all equipment, including steering wheels, handles, levers, dashboards, shared phones, keyboards, seat coverings, and keys.
Pay close attention for symptoms of COVID-19, and stay home if you feel sick or if you’ve been exposed. Stay in close communication with your supervisor and your doctor about when it’s safe to return to work.
As always, your safety is our top priority. Do not hesitate to reach out to your Union Steward or Business Agent if you have questions or see something unsafe.