Brothers and Sisters,
I hope this message finds you and yours safe and healthy.
As this pandemic continues to evolve and economies begin to re-open, our work is more important than ever before. It’s critical that we remain healthy and safe so we can continue powering our communities.
Please review the following safety standards for all members:
- If you feel sick at all, notify your supervisor and stay home. Here are the most common COVID-19 symptoms: https://bit.ly/3bQ98Ah
- Your employer is required to provide you with a mask. You must wear a mask when on the job site.
- Socially distance and remain at least 6 feet apart from your peers when possible.
- Sanitize your vehicle and equipment, including your safety glasses and hardhat before putting them on.
- Wash your hands often, and use hand sanitizer when available.
- Your employer is required to provide you a COVID-19 exposure questionnaire as part of your job briefing at the start of each workday. If any employee should answer “yes” to any of the questions, he or she should be directed to reschedule work and leave the company premises immediately. The answers to these questionnaires are kept confidential.
Additionally, please review the following resources for more information on the state’s re-opening process and safety requirements:
- Mandatory Safety Standards for Workplaces: https://bit.ly/2LCf7Of
- Mandatory Safety Standards Poster: https://bit.ly/2LDzuLh
- 4-Phase Re-Opening Approach: https://bit.ly/3bMtOJk
If you see anything on the job site that seems unsafe or doesn’t adhere to the above guidelines, do not hesitate to contact Regional Safety Representative Brian Hannon at email@example.com, or me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Local 369, we’re counting on each of you to lead by example and take these standards seriously, for the sake of our peers, our families, and our entire community.
Together, we’ll emerge from this stronger than ever.
UWUA Local 369